- Self-Assessment or Submit an application via email attaching a detailed professional CV quoting the desired course. Applicants will generally receive feedback on their eligibility within 48 hours. If the Self-Assessment is done online, feedback is instant.
- Payment of the required fees. Applicants receive emails outlining the fees payable together with bank details.
- Once payment is done, the applicant receives study materials to assist him or her in preparing for exams. He or she has to complete the course within the stipulated period failure to which may result in payment of fees afresh.
- Those who take Self-assessment online and qualify for direct certifications and admission into IICFIP USA, Inc straightaway, make the required exemption, registration fees, and certification fees to receive their membership package as No. 7 below.
- If a score of 70% or above is received for the Written Exam, the candidate will then be awarded the professional credential. If a lower than 70% is received, the candidate is allowed one retake.
- Some applicants apply directly to accredited training centers for admission for face-to-face contact hours tuition. No 4 above applies to students who write exams at such training centers.
- A package containing a professional certificate, membership card, and other materials is sent out to the successful candidates within 3 months.
- The successful candidates are then listed on the website per country for the whole world to know that they fulfilled all professional certification requirements and therefore are qualified professionals accredited by the IICFIP USA, Inc
- Fully certified members that are not fully updated as to adherence to codes of conduct and ethics plus renewals are removed from the website listing.
EFFECTIVE 1ST JULY, 2023 NO PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF THE IICFIP SHALL HAVE THEIR MEMBERSHIP RENEWED FOR ANOTHER PERIOD OF THREE (3) YEARS WITHOUT HAVING EVIDENCE OF CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL LEARNING/DEVELOPMENT (CPL/D).
ANY ONE OR A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING SHALL BE REQUIRED:
- Evidence of having participated on several relevant training either as a trainer or trainee.
- Participation on online discussions and responding to the tests that are given.
- Research carried out and articles published on forensic investigation-related subjects.
- Running an active training centre.
- Giving public talks on topics related to the forensic investigation: Video clips or newspaper copies will serve.
- Lecturing at College or University on the forensic investigation – a recommendation letter from the supervisor.
- Organizing workshops/seminars on forensic investigation.
- Participating at National, and Global conferences LIKE the one that is coming to South Africa this year.
This means that members must keep track of their CPL/D and then file a record with the IICFIP before any renewal of membership is processed.
24 hours of CPL/D is required in any one year hence total of 72 Hours for three years. Full time attendance/participation at a 3 day workshop or conference on forensic investigation related theme is equivalent to 24 hours.
If any of the above is not clear please contact Admin.