EFFECTIVE 9 STEPS IN FORENSIC AUDITING WORKSHOP FROM 12TH TO 14TH FEBRUARY 2019 AT THE KENYA INSTITUTE OF CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT (KICD) NAIROBI KENYA
This workshop is organized by the OSullivan Associates International. OSullivan Associates International is registered with NITA in Kenya.
|08:30 am– 09:00 am||Arrival and Registration of participants|
|09:00am – 10:00 am|| PRELIMINARY REVIEW|
- what is preliminary investigation?
- when is preliminary investigation required?
- Considerations When Accepting The Engagement
- accepting the investigation
- How To Prepare And Conduct A Preliminary Review
- Interview With The Witness(S)
|10:00– 10.30 am||Tea break|
|10.30am – 01:00pm|| ENGAGEMENT CONTRACT|
- What is an Engagement Letter/Contract?
- What is an Engagement Contract?
- Engagement Letter Basics
- Types of Forensic Audit Engagements
- The Engagement Scope and the Acceptance Considerations
|01:00pm – 02:00pm||Lunch Break|
|02.00pm – 04.30pm||PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION|
- Use of Planning Information
- Planning the investigation
- Establishing a Crime Scene
- The Location
- Suspect Files
- Collecting and Storing Evidence
- Sketches and Investigative Notes
|4:30pm||Tea Break|| |
|08:30am-10:30am||PREPARATION OF WITNESSES AND SUSPECTS ROUGH LIST|
- Characteristics of an Effective Interview
|10:30am – 11:00am ||Tea break|
|11:00am – 01:00am||DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE GATHERING AND EXAMINATION|
- Investigative Fieldwork
- Documentary techniques
- Documentary Evidence
- Gathering evidence
- Submission of Documentary Evidence
- Latent Fingerprint Examinations
- Documents Examination
- Chain of Custody
- Securing the chain of custody in a digital forensics investigation.
|01:00pm – 02:00pm||Lunch break|
|02:00pm – 04:30pm||INTERVIEWING WITNESSES|
- Purpose of interviewing the witness.
- The Importance of planning an interview
- Preparing the Witness for an Interview
- Typical Interview Structure
- The 10 commandments of interviewing.
- Interrogation versus an Interview
- Child Witnesses
- Witnesses with a Mental Disorder
| ||04:30pm||Tea Break|
|08:30am – 10:30am|| INTERVIEWING SUSPECTS|
- Detecting Deception
Examples of the verbal clues of deception include
- Getting an Admission
- Admissions Seeking Questions
- Documenting an Interview
- Safety Concerns
|10:30am – 11:00am||Tea Break|
|11:00am – 01:00pm||FORENSIC EXTERNAL INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATIONS|
- Differences between Forensic External Confirmations and Audit external confirmations
- Sources of External Evidence
- Application of the Independent Confirmations evidence gathering technique
- The role of management
- The process of Independent Confirmations
- Advantages of External Confirmations
- Evaluating the Results of the Confirmation Process
- How to investigate educational and professional credentials
|01:00pm – 02:00pm||Lunch Break|
|02:00pm – 03:00pm||REPORT PREPARATION & WRITING|
- Characteristics of a good report
- Stakeholder needs
- Features of a good report
- Making use of Professional Report Writers
- Report writing techniques
- Developing the report structure and contents
- Report writing hints
- Quality control and the review processes
- Editing the Report
- Use of Professional Editor
Tea Break/ Closing Remarks and Certification
| || |
Investment: USD ($) 1,250 to cater for the
- Training fee,
- Training Facilities during the training,
- Certificates including CFIAP Professional Certificate from the IICFIP (www.iicfip.org)
- Reference Book and writing materials
- Buffet Lunch, 10:00am Tea Breaks and 4:00 pm Tea breaks for 3 days of the workshop.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
1. Will be given the 9 STEPS OF FORENSIC INVESTIGATION BOOK for future references.
2. Award of participation certificates and 24 CFE/CPD hours or points.
3. Networking contacts with fellow professionals from Kenya and outside.
- Please send your detailed CV that must show that you are working in auditing department or an auditing firm.
- A letter of recommendation or nomination from your organization.
- We will then send you a form to fill, invoice and invitation letter.