The Forensic Conferences were started by the OSullivan Associates International in 2011 as training and networking for forensic experts that helps in the prevention, detection and investigation of cybercrime, fraud and corruption across Africa. This international training event rotated among different countries in Africa until it occurred to the organizers that problems of white collar crimes are human and therefore spread across the world. This led to the birth of the International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals Incorporation (IICFIP) whose mission is to promote excellence of forensic investigation skills globally by carrying out accreditation and other training in all countries across the globe evolving standards for forensic investigation processes and creating a process for validating new approaches to forensic investigation. The IICFIP Inc was born in May, 2012 and was legally incorporated in Delaware, USA in June, 2012.
IICFIP conferences have taken place in Africa 7 times. Previous conferences have been held in Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Tanzania and Cameroon. This is an annual event but our goal is to have conferences twice a year spread out worldwide so that we are able to reach out more. The conferences seek to bring together members and non-members not only to create awareness against fraud/corruption in Africa in public as well as private and NGO sectors, but also to build capacity for fighting the vices of fraud and corruption to foster development and growth of public and private enterprises as well as government projects.
This year, the 2nd IICFIP Global Forensic Conference & Exhibition will take place in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania on the 23rd to 25th June, 2015 at the Peacock Hotel. The forum not only create awareness against fraud and corruption in Africa in public as well as private and NGO sectors but it will also build capacity for fighting the vices of fraud and corruption to foster development and growth of public and private enterprises as well as government projects.
- It provides a platform for investigative skills discussion with forensic experts and students.
- Accountants, auditors and investigators can sharpen investigative skills.
- It creates confidence in practicing accountants to start and run forensic service for their clients.
- It encourages students to consider a life career in forensic investigation or audit
- Exposure for delegates to global forensic experts who can assist them in complex cases of white collar crimes
- Acquisition of investigative skills to use at the workplace to solve fraud and corruption puzzles.
- Get training materials in CD for future reference
- 24 CPD/CPE hours or CLE points
Who Should Attend?
- Members of the Institute
- Prospective members
- All top and middle level internal auditors
- Accountants/finance managers
- Law enforcement officers
- External auditors
- University lecturers interested in forensic audit/investigations
- Judicial officers
- Senior security officers
- Anti-corruption government agency staff
- National Audit office staff